University Hospital Radiology Clinic
Musculoskeletal Imaging and Interventions
5959 Harry Hines Blvd., 11th Floor, Suite 300
Dallas, Texas 75390 (Directions)
New Patient Appointment or 214-645-8300
UT Southwestern's expert musculoskeletal radiologists partner with an array of referring physicians to ensure a coordinated, comprehensive, and multidisciplinary approach in the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal diseases, tumors, and injuries. At University Hospital Radiology Clinic, we offer both in-person and video pre-procedure consultative services for a large number of image-guided procedures, pre-intervention peripheral nerve 3D imaging, and 3D joint imaging. The team also provides post-procedure longitudinal follow-up visits.
All pre-procedure consultations and post-procedure follow-up visits occur at University Hospital Radiology Clinic. Several ultrasound-guided procedures may also occur within the clinic. Other procedures may be performed at several UT Southwestern facilities, including William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital and the Outpatient Building.
Consultative Services (In-Person and Video Visits)
- Soft tissue and bone mass biopsy
- Joint injections and aspirations
- Bursal injections and aspirations (trochanteric bursa, iliopsoas bursa, and infrapatellar bursa)
- Facet injections and rhizotomies (radiofrequency ablation)
- Tendon needling for calcific rotator cuff tendinosis, hamstring, quadriceps, and gluteal tendinopathy
- Ultrasound-guided treatment of epicondylitis and plantar fasciitis
- Injections to treat Morton’s neuroma
- Postoperative scar needling
- Pulley injection (trigger finger)
- Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections for outlet syndrome
- Perineural injections for treating lumbar and cervical radiculopathy and sciatica
- Selective injections for other forms of neuralgia (pudendal, genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, iliohypogastric, cluneal, posterior femoral cutaneous, and meralgia paresthetica)
- Botulinum toxin (Botox®) injections for treating piriformis syndrome and in preparation for abdominal hernia repair
- Pulsed and continuous radiofrequency ablation of nerves, such as in the treatment of pudendal neuralgia or groin pain
- Post-procedure longitudinal follow-ups for improved patient care and outcomes
Meet Our Musculoskeletal Imaging & Interventions Team
Our musculoskeletal radiologists are experts in the imaging of sports-related injuries, arthritis (rheumatology), tumors (sarcoma), trauma, infection (diabetic foot), metal prosthesis, and neuromuscular conditions.
Avneesh Chhabra, M.D.
Dr. Chhabra is the Chief of Musculoskeletal Radiology at UT Southwestern and a leading expert in the use of 3D imaging for sports injuries, functional imaging of bone and soft-tissue tumors, image guided interventions, and magnetic resonance neurography (MRN) to map peripheral neuropathy and direct perineural nerve injections.
Uma Thakur, M.D.
Dr. Thakur has expertise in the advanced imaging evaluation of sports injuries, joint injections, and interventions requiring the use of musculoskeletal ultrasound and computed tomography.
Parham Pezeshk, M.D.
Dr. Pezeshk has expertise in musculoskeletal ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging for rheumatology (arthritis), joint injections, and image-guided interventions.