In the Bone Marrow Transplantation/Hematologic Malignancies Clinic at Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center, our expert physicians and skilled staff manage patients with a range of blood and marrow conditions and diseases from diagnosis through their individualized treatment plan.
This clinic is the outpatient location where patients see their doctor or mid-level provider. Inpatients are seen and transplants occur at William P. Clements Jr. University Hospital.
The Only NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in North Texas
Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center is the first and only medical center in North Texas to attain National Cancer Institute (NCI) designation.
This elite distinction, which is held by only top-tier cancer centers nationwide, recognizes innovative research and excellence in patient care. It is the gold standard for cancer programs.
What We Treat
- Aplastic Anemia
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL)
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML)
- Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
- Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML)
- Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma
- Follicular Lymphoma
- HIV-Associated Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma (NHL)
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma
- Multiple Myeloma (MM)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)
- Other Lymphomas
Your First Appointment
Although we will make most of the preparations for your appointment, there are a few things you must do:
- Please bring your insurance information and/or a form of payment.
- Please bring a list of your current prescriptions and over-the-counter (nonprescription) drugs, vitamins or supplements, as well as a list of known drug allergies.
- Please arrange with us for your medical records and X-rays to be sent, or bring them with you.
- Feel free to bring someone with you, ask questions, and take notes.
Valet parking is available.
Insurance Company Distinctions
While our program participates with a number of insurance companies not listed below, we hold these listed distinctions with the following:
|UNITED HEALTHCARE -OPTUM||ADULT TRANSPLANT CENTER OF EXCELLENCE|
|AETNA||INSTITUTE OF EXCELLENCE|
|EMERGING THERAPY SOLUTIONS||SELECT PROGRAM|
|BCBS||BLUE DISTINCTION CENTER+|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE||DESIGNATED PROGRAM|
|EMERGING THERAPIES||PROGRAM OF EXPERIENCE FOR CAR-T|